Blueberries have endless health benefits. They reduce blood pressure, help prevent cancer and overall they boost your immune system! Blueberries are a delicious fruit that goes well with all pastry items served cold or hot. Enjoy this delicious recipe and let us know how you like it!
Prep/cooking time: 55 minutes
Serving yield: 16
- 2 cups of blanched almond flour.
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour.
- 1/4 cup of protein powder.
- 6 large eggs.
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest.
- 1/3 cup of melted butter.
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- 3/4 cup of granulated erythritol.
- 1 cup of blueberries.
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine sea salt to taste.
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 12 oz. of cream cheese.
- 6 oz. of unsalted butter.
- 1 cup of powdered sweetener.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- 4 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream.
- 2 tablespoons of grated lemon zest.
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, grease a cake pan with oil or cooking spray then place a parchment paper or a baking paper at the bottom of the pan, set aside. Using a medium mixing bowl, add in the almond flour, coconut flour, protein powder, sweetener, baking powder, and salt to taste then mix properly to combine. In a separate bowl, add all the wet ingredients listed on the ingredient section above then mix to combine with an electric mixer (including the lemon zest).
- Next, pour the flour mixture into the egg mixture then mix everything to combine until the batter becomes smooth. Fold in the berries then pour the batter into the cake pan. Place the cake pan into the oven and bake the cake for about thirty to thirty-five minutes until it is baked through and its edges become golden brown in color.
- Once baked, let the cake cool for a few minutes while you make the frosting. Pour all the frosting ingredients into a medium mixing bowl then mix with an electric mixer until combined. Frost the cake as you desire, slice, and serve.
Calories 330, Carbohydrates 8g, Protein 9g, Fat 30g, and Fiber 3g.